Saturday, January 12, 2008

Homeschool report is due this month...

Just what have we been doing since Thanksgiving? I'm "scratching in the dirt" tonight looking for clues. Solstice was a definite highlight, and the artistic things she did, and the reading, of course. A little history we studied.
What I am obsessing about is what she isn't doing, (as I am trying to assemble a list of accomplishments) but rather than guilt-trip her or panic, I have been trying to be honest with her and engage her in finding solutions to her lack of motivation in these areas where she has anxiety or resistance. And I'm trying to intuit what changes in my behavior might magically support change; such as playing with her more, being more gentle, being more focused on her needs, spending less time on the computer/email/homeschooling group. Cutting out activities which eat up time and give back too little one on one contact (skating, for instance). Back to my draft...

No comments: